Thursday, April 30, 2009

More lost and found

I just dug out of my wallet a crumpled and bedraggled but historically significant piece of paper: a list of ingredients in green ink on the back of a Port Townsend bed-and-breakfast receipt, being the toppings of a particularly extraordinary pizza that I once consumed in Great Barrington, MA. I'm excited to have found this, not only because now Amelia and I can try to reproduce it next time we make pizza crust, but also because I can now send this scrap to its long home after its five years of following me on my travels, and thereby lighten my wallet by a fractional but nonetheless meaningful amount. Here's the list:

DOLCE VITA PIZZA

tomato sauce
wilted spinach
mozzarella cheese
figs
Gorgonzola cheese
prosciutto
sprinkled with rosemary-infused olive oil and Parmesan cheese

I'll post some pictures if/when we get around to making this...

No comments: